This is a list of some charities and sources of advice. There are many charities and trusts: please do contact ACT if you are an actor-parent having trouble finding support.

Some performing arts charities:

ABF Actors’ Benevolent Fund
Grants for actors unable to work because of illness or old age.

BAPAM British Association for Performing Arts Medicine
Helpline and directory of practitioners. Resources for performers.

Dance Professionals Fund
Grants for dancers, dance teachers, choreographers, notators.

The Royal Variety Charity (formerly EABF)
Grants for entertainers.

Equity Benevolent Fund
Small one-off grants for Equity members.

ECT Equity Charitable Trust
Welfare and re-training grants and money advice.

Help Musicians UK
Support for professional musicians.

RTF Royal Theatrical Fund
Grants for the entertainment industry when unable to work.

TTG The Theatrical Guild
Grants for backstage and FOH theatre staff.

TCUK Theatre Chaplaincy UK
Pastoral support in theatres.

Step Change Debt Advice charity

CAB Citizens’ Advice Bureau

Film & Television Charity
For people who work in Film & TV in the UK.

ACT is a member of “Acting for Others”, the Combined Theatrical Charities umbrella group


We welcome your support as a member, or your help with fundraising or as a Marathon runner.
Read more about how you can support us.

Here on behalf of somebody else?

We understand it is a big step to contact a charity. If you are looking at this on behalf of an actor friend, please do get in touch by phone or email. There is no need to tell us the actor’s name at this stage. We are friendly and our help is confidential.

Read more about who we are or get in touch for help and support, email or call 020 7636 7868.